Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"C" is for cookie

I have loved chocolate chips cookies for as long as I can remember. They are the ultimate comfort food for me. I have been baking them since I was about 12 years old. My mom would have me make them for family camping trips, family parties, and when ever my Aunt Nell had a bad day she would call ask for chocolate chip cookies, I baked those too.

My first batches were really sad to look at, but the more I made them the better I got until I came to what I think is perfection.

Yield 5 dozen
preheat oven to 325*

3 sticks of butter melted
2 cups dark brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
4 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 1/4 cups flour
3 cups chocolate chips

Mix melted butter, brown sugar, sugar together. Add eggs and egg yolks, mix. Add vanilla, baking soda, salt, mix. Add flour mix. Add chocolate chips. Drop by spoon or scoop onto cookie sheet and bake for 14 min rotating pan half way through.


No comments: