I love this recipe! I first had them at the Blue Bayou in Disneyland. They were so yummy, that I had to get the recipe. I do not make them very often though because they are so not good for you. They are really good with pork roast and root beer spiced apples. I hope your family enjoys this as much as mine does.
Potatoes (baking) 3 lbs, peeled and thin sliced
Onion, thin sliced
Cream Sauce for the Potatoes
Manufacturing Cream (Heavy Cream) 2 cups
Whole Thyme (dry) 1/4 tsp.
Fresh Garlic (chopped) 2 tbs.
Salt 1-1/4 tsp.
Pepper 1-1/4 tsp
Butter 1 tbs.
Parmesan Cheese (grated) 4 oz
Mix onions and potatoes and put into baking dish. Mix cream, garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme leaves. Pour mixture over potatoes and onions and cover. Put in a pre-heated 350F degree oven, and bake for about one hour. When potatoes are tender, remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Put back in the oven uncovered and bake for ten minutes more until brown.
Root Beer Spiced Apples
2 lbs. Granny Smith Apples (About 4 large)
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp. Cinnamon
1.5 tsp. Cornstarch
2.5 Cups Root Beer Soda
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1/8 tsp. Ground Cloves
1.5 tsp. Water (Cold)
1. Core, peel and cut apples into wedges.
2. Combine root beer, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir frequently.
3. In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch and a little water to make a thin paste.
4. When the mix starts boiling, add the cornstarch mix and stir well.
5. Add the apples and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
A Little High A Little Low
1 day ago