Thursday, January 15, 2009

Rolo Cookies

I would make these cookies for my sister during her finals.

ROLO COOKIES

2 1/4 c. flour
3/4 c. cocoa
1 tsp. soda
1 c. sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. butter, softened
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
60 Rolo candies
4 tbsp. sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and soda; blend well. In large bowl, beat sugars and butter until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well. Slowly add flour mixture; blend well. Stir in 1/2 cup nuts. For each cookie with floured hands, shape about 1 tablespoon dough around caramel candy, covering completely. In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup nuts and 4 tablespoons sugar. Place on greased sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes. Cool slightly and remove from sheets. 60 cookies.

2 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

ouYeah! I'm so glad you made this blog. Good for you. I'll mention it tomorrow on mine. Have a great day! Em

Unknown said...

Em sent me over! I saw these and had to laugh. Our cat is named Rolo after the candy in these cookies. So I guess it is destiny, I must make them!!